Thanks to Alan Gould of the Lifelines Project for coordinating this webinar for all Lifeline participants. The archive of the MY NASA DATA climate change presentation by Preston Lewis is now available on the Lifelines Presentations archive site:
It's about 75 min, including questions.
MY NASA DATA is a website that was created so that anyone can utilize a huge bank of satellite data for easy use. Through the use of their Live Access Server (LAS) you are able to generate plots graphs and other images to be used as you need.
Here are some of the features of the website:
- Science Project Ideas
- Cloud Observation; Contrail Observation; Dust Observation; Sky Color; etc.
- Science Glossary
- From "accretion to zonal band"
- Computer Tools
- How to download YouTube videos; Opening data in Excel; Latitude/Longitude Tool
- Facebook Page
- Like them at MY NASA DATA
- YouTube Station
- MY NASA DATA tutorials; Real World: Monitoring; NASA Earth Science Week
- Data Access
- Three levels of data access -- basic, intermediate and advanced.
- Climate Change Lesson Plans
- Studying snow and ice changes; March of the Polar Bears; Is Grandpa Right?