The ICCARS program has four, distinct deliverables:
- The NASA AEROKATS TwinCam-AeroPod Field Operation Manual and the AEROKATS TwinCam-AeroPod Image Processing Lab Guide.
- The Customized Handheld Field Data Collector (Software Package).
- ICCARS NASA STEM Instructional Units. There will be 60 instructional units produced using PBL methodology grounded in inquiry and student led investigations, applying NASA image data and resources, and aligned with Michigan educational standards in earth science, biology, physics and mathematics. These units will be published online with a subscription setup which will also support the dissemination and sustainability of the ICCARS project.
- ICCARS eLearning Collaboratory
Instructional Module Required Components:
- Utilization of Project Based Learning (Focus of January PLC)
- Grounded in Inquiry (5 E Model - Guides Student Inquiry)
- Aligned to Michigan Standards
2) State the title of the Module
3) List the Driving Question(s) for the Module
4) List the Major Understanding(s) for the Module
5) List the Expectations for the Module, both Inquiry and Content (code plus full written expectation).
6) List the essential content for the Module.
7) List an example of a project/challenge that would be appropriate for this Module. Examples can be found at: